|Russ Lipton Documents Radio
simplex veri sigillum
How To Turn Upstreaming On Or Off
Upstreaming is one of the largest topics requiring mastery by Radio users. While Userland has hidden a great deal of network complexity behind upstreaming, you can't make things simpler than they really are.
Consult What Is The Difference Between Upstreaming and Working Offline? for a brief introduction to some upstream concepts. This topic simply closes the circle on end-user comfort with the menu choices available from the Radio icon in your Windows status bar.
To turn upstreaming on-or-off from the Radio icon in your Windows status bar:
1. Make sure Radio itself is open.
2. Right-click the Radio icon. Radio opens with the upstreaming preferences preserved from your previous working session. If upstreaming is currently on, you will see a checkmark next to the "Upstreaming ..." command.
3. Select the "Upstreaming" command.
4. If Upstreaming is currently "on", you will be asked "Disable Upstreaming?" Choose Okay to turn it off. This will stop the publishing of any changed posts or stories until you turn Upstreaming back on. Radio will continue to check its server for other behind-the-scenes events unless you also decide to work offline.
5. If Upstreaming is currently "off", you will be asked "Enable Upstreaming?" Choose Okay to turn it on. Once you do so, Radio will publish any changed posts or stories at your next scheduled upstreaming event.
(more to come about Upstreaming Preferences on-off in due time ...)