This page is a summary of the jumpingfish weblog entries that talk about our Trip to Buffalo National River in NW Arkansas in the Summer of 2005.
We camped, canoed and kayaked there on our way from Texas to Michigan. We were there for 3 days and two nights.The entries were written after the trip was over. We left in late June, but the bulk of the entires didn't get posted online until after we returned in July.
The list below is in chronological order, from earliest to latest. Thus you can roughly follow our trip from top to bottom, although I haven't put any dates in the individual entries. Right now (22 July 2005), I haven't finished writing, so the list is expanding daily.
- Going Fishin' A final weblog entry before we leave.
- Witnesses to the Waffle House Protocol We stop an a Waffle House in Ft. Smith on the way.
- The Dog at the Grocery Store We stop to get groceries in Fayetteville just before getting to the campsite.
- Swimming at Buffalo Point Impressions of our first dip in the river.
- Rocks in the River How each of us found something to do while swimming.
- The View from Water Level What Trudy and I saw as we gazed downstream.
- Lights in the Forest Watching the fireflies in the woods across the river at night.
- Beginning the River Journey Getting started on our canoe/kayak trip down the river.
- Imagine Ben kayaks down the river.
- Those Eskimos Kayaking wore Ben out.
- Trudy's Turtle Rescue What would that turtle have done if Trudy hadn't come along!?
- Playing with Poison Ivy A kid gets into some poison ivy, big-time.
- Ben's Campfire Ben asks his father to show him how to light a campfire.
- Albino A kid wonders why if he's white then he isn't albino.
- A Close Call in the Woods Ben heard sounds. Later I heard them. Then we both smelled the explanation.
- Plum and Peach A Plum tree we found, and a Peach tree from the past.
- Morning Rising Waking up in the morning at Buffalo Point campground.