This page is a summary of the jumpingfish weblog entries that talk about our trip to Cape Canaveral to see the NASA New Horizons/Pluto launch.
The original entries were written in a kind-of mixed up chronological order. The order of the links below is the reverse of the order in which I published them (ie, most recently published first).
- Liftoff What watching the liftoff was like from our vantage point.
- Twelve Miles Away They moved us to a site 12 miles from the launch pad.
- A Story About Animals Recounting some animals we saw during the trip.
- On Scrub Jay Trail Walking one of the hiking trails at the wildlife refuge.
- Afternoon in the Tidewaters We toured the wildlife refuge on the day the pushed back the launch.
- The Beach in Cocoa Beach We had some time to walk along the beach.
- Antigua Tracking Station A moment watching the launch preparations brings back some childhood memories.
- Those Atlas Guys Are Good The principal investigator has faith in the guys that build the rocket.