A couple of weeks ago Bertan brought me an article from the Seattle Times about the revival of grunge music. In general, I have to say that I am really indifferent to this revival. I was definitely a grunge fan the first time around, however I don’t particularly think the music has aged well. But that is really a debate for another time. My real issue here is when will the Pop/ Hip-Hop rap revival happen? If you don’t know what music genre I am referring to, think of all the top 40 rap music that came out between Run DMC’s Raising Hell album and Dr. Dre’s Chronic.
In other words, what ever happen to Kid ‘n Play and Heavy D and the Boyz?
On another minutia note – The other day, Charlie was heard saying: “There isn’t one good John Cusack movie”. Although I respect Charlie’s movie critiquing ability – particularly for movies he hasn’t seen, I have to disagree with him here and present for debate my personal top ten list of John Cusack movies:
- Grosse Pointe Blank – a controversial choice for #1.
- Better off Dead – probably should be #1?
- Bob Roberts
- The Grifters
- The Sure Thing
- Being John Malkovich
- High Fidelity – well at least the Jack Black scenes are good.
- One Crazy Summer – a pseudo sequel to “Better off Dead”, definitely underrated
- Pushing Tin
- Sixteen Candles – minor role, so not really a John Cusack movie.
And the two worst John Cusack movies –
- Say Anything – ugh.
- Con Air – really dumb movie.