Blog Full Disclosure Statement
One of the topics of conversation that came up in last night's great Geek Dinner with Robert Scoble is how a person presents his or herself and establishes a virtual identity with blogs. Should a person have one weblog where all thoughts, opinions, passions and ideas are presented? Or, should a person divide their blogs into categorys that can be viewed as a whole or by category? Or, should they have separate blogs for different parts of their lives?
I went the different blog route. I do not want folks to have to sift through what to them may seem like noise to get to the content (the signal) that they want. Also, I do not want folks to be turned off on what I present on one topic because they disagree with an unrelated opinion.
The down side is I may not be presenting an honest digital identity of who I am. So, for the sake of honesty and full disclosure, here it all is:
- My Family Weblog
- This where I chronicle my family and personal life. This is a digital journal of the folks who are nearest and dearest to me.
- My Geek Blog
- This is where I write about my work and passion for emerging technology in higher education.
- The Edupodder Blog
- This is where is host content specific to podcasting in higher education and content related to the sessions I teach in the Center for Faculty Development and Support at SJSU. This often crosses over with my Geek Blog. I am concerned that dual posting between this and my Geek Blog may happen too often and may dilute the topic conversations on each.
- The Black and Blue Blog
- This is where you can read bicycle news and information related to the bike club I am active in, the Almaden Cycle Touring Club. I am the publisher of their monthly newsletter and I use this blog as a club news source and a place to coordinate production of that newsletter.
- My Opinion Blog
- This is where I hide my opinions of everything from movies and wine to politics, religion and relationships. If you disagree, I respect your opinion.
So, there it is Blogosphere, that is who I am. For the sake of full disclosure, I am posting this to all my blogs!