A picture named dd10.jpg

"Conversation. What is it? A Mystery! It's the art of never seeming bored, of touching everything with interest, of pleasing with trifles, of being fascinating with nothing at all. How do we define this lively darting about with words, of hitting them back and forth, this sort of brief smile of ideas which should be conversation?" Guy de Maupassant

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A very close friend of mine passed away in May 2005. We had been together in school and college - I've known her since we were 5. It was sudden and a real shock. Her mother and sister have been trying to get the post mortem report from the authorities for a whole year, and are yet to receive it. This is the whole story ... as written by her mother ... she wants to make it public in the hope that some action is taken.

Dear Madam/Sir,
My daughter passed away on the 11th May 2005. It was very sudden and no doctors were available in the middle of the night.As it was in the middle of May vacation, it added to the misfortune.I was told in the morning by one Breachcandy Hospital Doctor to shift her immediately there. She was no more upon arrival and as per the law a post mortem had to be done. The report for this is still pending almost a year after. As she had various illnesses earlier (though nothing on that particular day except extremely high fever), my younger daughter and I are very anxious to know the exact nature of the cause of her demise.

I kept trying to find out from the Gamdevi Police station as to when the report will come as it is more than 11 months since she passed away. They kept telling me it takes time but as I find it difficult to wait on, I contacted a doctor in the pathology department through a doctor friend and was told that it was a norm at the forensic dept. to keep people waiting in case there is a question of insurance recovery. In that case the people who have already lost someone have to part with some of the money. I was told that in my case as there was no insurance money concerned, I should wait for another 6 months and the people at the forensic lab will realise that nothing is forthcoming and they will then release the report.

To add to this I was also told that if they are made happy they will also change the report to help the recovery of the insurance money. I wonder if you would like to ivvestigate this matter, I will wait for a day or two for your reply and approach someone else if you are not interested. I would like my name not to be mentioned as they might harass me further about the report. They may just change it or sit on it longer still.


Any suggestions on who she might send it to or how she could get closure on this ? She wishes to remain anonymous - as she fears harrassment.

9:01:33 AM    comment []  trackback []