Aimée's Recent Radio Work
Visit Scorcher Radio for more radio features and documentaries
Media, Democracy, Peace & Justice.
5 minute audio collage using the voices of "Making Contact" for their 10th anniversary (5 minutes, MP3)
Documenting Torture: Holding the United States Accountable. On this edition, we trace the seeds of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal to 9/11 and previous to that time. We hear from survivors of torture, human rights advocates, and a soldier. And we'll revisit the official government reaction. (29 minutes, Real Audio)
On a Mission. Scott and Joe were both raised in the Mormon community. But being gay puts them at odds with their families and the church.(26 minutes, Real Audio)
||Wednesday, August 15, 2007
i never knew that much about her. but reading some of her notable quotes made me want to know more:
- A woman is like a tea bag--you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
- Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
- Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
- I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on.
- I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
- If someone betrays you once, it[base ']s their fault; if they betray you twice, it[base ']s your fault.
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.
- Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can[base ']t live long enough to make them all yourself.
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.
what is a subprime loan anywhoo?
This summer I did some office work for the Center for Responsible Lending. And now that I am winding up my tenure, I thought it would be good to summarize what I've gotten from their literature re: subprime loans.
Subprime is a high interest rate loan given to borrowers with credit
scores lower than 620. They usually have features that increase the risk
of foreclosure, i.e. adjustable interest rates, balloon payments,
prepayment penalties. Whereas prime mortgages are more complex and
regulations are not adequate for borrowers to know the true cost of their
payments. Sub-prime loads were typically used for re-financing.