BrainFuel growing in popularity, nobody sure why, experts puzzled.
Think of this post as a BrainFuel annual report.
When we joined 9rules we joked internally that our little “quality content” slogan that we had pasted on the site had fooled the powers that be. It was more of an inside joke about the apparent lack of care we took in keeping this site to any specific focus. I think it’s interesting how in the last six month or so since joining 9rules we’ve had a chance to experiment with what exactly constitutes quality. Posts used to be about any topic under the sun. At least today we try to focus on web design. Well, at least some of the time.
Check out some stats from the last few months. You can see what day the Digg happened and notice the slight increase since then. A very small number of those visitors must have thought the site was worth bookmarking.
We joined 9rules on July 7th and our traffic has increased significantly as a result. I think it is safe to say that in the last 12 months our traffic has increased by 200% and more than half of that is singularily due to 9rules. You could maybe say that 9rules spurred growth in other areas building our number of incoming links. If you don’t believe me, look at this chart showing all of 2005 traffic. Note the sudden increase in July.
It’s useful to compare 2004.
What to attribute this growth to?
- Membership in 9rules brings a lot of steady traffic — and good traffic
- Tom’s recent Digg post which brought 20,000+ unique visits - BAM!
- Several very high keyword rankings which bring constant traffic
- Adding more than 900 posts to BrainFuel in 2005
- increased from 468 average daily visitors in 2004 to 1,705 in 2005 and so far in 2006 an impressive 3,406 average daily visitor count — Let’s see if we can hold this number!
- Number 1 current search term: 2006 Camaro
If you’re a BrainFuel stats lover go check out my April 2005 post on this topic.
Goals for 2006: I’d like to continue to increase our readership and community at BrainFuel. Over the last few months I’ve been excited to see new faces on the site and it’s great to chat with many of you. Here’s to a great rest of 2006!