Its been a long time coming and lots of work but I'm very pleased to announce 1.0-beta-4 of Groovy has just been made.
Here's the full change log. Edited highlights include...
One of the most pleasing parts of this release is the large increase in the number of people contributing ideas, test cases, patches, code and documentation.
- a new JSP-style template engine which integrates GPath and compiles to bytecode together with a pluggable TemplateEngine API so we can support other flavours of template engine (such as Velocity/FreeMarker style or Zope/TAL style)
- support for import package.* or import package.A, B, C notation
- default method/function parameters
- far better IO and process integration through new Groovy methods on the JDK http://groovy.codehaus.org/groovy-jdk.html
- numerical support for BigInteger and BigDecimal and various fixes for numeric casting and comparisons
- closure currying
- various spring cleaning & refactoring to keep things nice and tidy
- use of """ quoting as an alternative to here-docs for quoting large chunks of text
Here's hoping the next release comes out much sooner :)