Machine readable ceramics
Continuing from yesterday, what is an easy way to have a ceramic object give its meaning to a computer?
The point being is to allow the ceramic object an entry into the realm of computer information technology. Not as a mere referent to IT (say a clay statue of a P.C.) , but an active, engaging member.
- I have used simple text, that a user would need to enter.
- Yesterday concerned a possible way via image analysis of a video feed.
- Barcodes could be used..barcode designs (or other machine readible graphic/text is a topic for another day.
- Some sort of physical manipulation of a standard keyboard or mouse by the ceramic object.
- Some sort of manipulation of the computer's microphone by the ceramic object.
Not sure what else to add here, or how it would all work...but it is an important technique to consider in this modern age.