Started Radio UserLand for the first time in quite a while. I am planning to start two weblogs using Radio UserLand as my weblog tool. I am going to review my work on the Directory Tool and wrap that up before getting started on the weblog setup.
Started review of Directory Tool documentation, noted the following items:
- On the Troubleshooting page, in the "File is not OPML format" section, there is a reference saying "need to add the file name as part of the error message". Need to check this out.
- The Troubleshooting page also has a note at the bottom of the page giving instructions on how to submit bug reports. Need to make sure that there is a mail icon link as referred to in the bug report section.
- On the Directory Tool Users page, still need to add a URL for a list of people who are using the Directory Tool.
Next up - perform an installation of the Directory Tool from scratch and test the tool documentation. Here's a working test plan:
- Need to copy my OPML files to another working directory (copied Copmposers.opml, radiodirectory.opml, and sampledirectory.opml from Radio UserLand/mydirs to alsylves/Documents/MyOPMLDirectories)
- Delete the contents of the web server directory with all of my rendered directories (should I delete the directory as well?) (changed directory name from directory to directorya in Library/WebServer/Documents/test/)
- Make a copy of the Directory Tool (copied Radio UserLand/Tools/DirectoryTool.root to alsylves/Documents)
- Review contents of the Directory Tool database, deleting entries that should not be in the shipping version, then save this version to another directory for safekeeping. (Looked at initializeTool script, deleted entries in DirectoryToolData.prefs table for userOPMLDirectoryPath, weblogDirectoryPath, opmlUploadPath, opmlUploadPartialPath, baseDirectoryPath, importDirectoryFilePath. Deleted the following items from DirectoryToolData: breadcrumbText, createDirectoryFilePath,directories, titles, sortedTitles, tempDirectory, topLevelFilePath)
- Move the Directory Tool out of my Tools folder
- Delete icons from gems directory (folder.gif, remote.gif, xmlIcon21.gif)
- Delete directories folder within gems folder
- Shut down Radio UserLand, then start up again to verify that the Directory Tool does not show up in my Tools list
- Move release version of Directory Tool to Tools folder
- Perform installation steps as described in the tool documentation
- Create an initial directory as described in the tool documentation
- Create a second directory as described in the tool documentation