Let's Put on a Show!
Undeterred with having my post to the ClayArt discussion group on conceptual ceramics met with a resounding silence, I've decided to put on an exhibition...
Combining the found art/process idea in my Free Fine Art Ceramic Piece, The Finality of Meaning with the 'poetic' titling from my older Free Fine Art Prints.....
...coming soon to a gallery near you...
...an exhibition on/of ceramic sculpture.
My thoughts so far:
- I want to use common, found, ceramic objects.
- They should be small in size to allow for them to be display in a small space. If the space is too small, they could be rotated through.
- This should have all the trappings of a Gallery show:
1. Make sure the Viewer is clued in to having an asthetic experience.
2. The work is given its full chance to 'speak.'
3. Concepts regarding a 'proper' art showing are raised.
First thing to do is to come up with some small, ceramic, pieces that are commonly found around the house.