Backpacking & Hiking intro
To start off the backpacking & hiking section, I'll just mention all the trips I recall at the moment. Eventually, I hope to put up the trip reports.
- 1980 "Sheldon's trip", Kearsarge Pass, Gardiner Basin, 60-lakes, Rae Lakes, Glen Pass
- mid-80's, I'd guess, with Joel & Karen; short loop into the Desolation Wilderness, to Lake Aloha
- mid-90's 4th of July, with Nik, to the Velma Lakes. My mom said "I was just talking to Velma last week!". 'Struth. Deb's 1st operation.
- 1998, a loop with Nik in the Emigrant Wilderness.
- 1999, 1st solo BP trip: 77 miles along the PCT, from Sonora Pass to my parents' front door in SLT. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/no-gear/message/10
- 2000 June, warmup trip with Turly: the Skyline-to-the-Sea Trail. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/no-gear/message/14
- 2000 July-August, Emigrant Wilderness to Tuolomne Meadows
- 2001 just before Labor Day, a short and HOT loop up from Hetch Hetchy to Jack Main Canyon