Goals for the Utah Product Management Council
Every department in the State of Utah has a product manager who is responsible for their agency's eGov initiatives. During the first Product Management Council meeting of 2003, I laid out the following goals for the Council:
1. Become the MOST effective eGov product management council
2. Assure regular progress of enterprise egovernment projects chartered by the cabinet.
3. Deliver 75 new online services during the calendar year.
4. Increase enterprise understanding of web services and use enterprise tools more effectively to deliver integrated online services
5. Coordinate and utilize an effective funding and development model for enterprise projects
6. Create and implement enterprise standards for measuring the performance of egovernment initiatives.
7. Support a consistent, RSS-based model for delivering state / agency news via electronic media
8. Enhance Utah eGov communications and cooperation with cities, counties, higher education, public education, the federal government, and special districts
After input from the Council, I am adding the following objective:
- Collaborate as an enterprise to promote and significantly increase adoption rates of existing online services.
We have some excellent talent in the Utah Product Management Council which can help this to happen if we can work together more effectively as an enterprise. Another idea that came out of today's meeting was to package and promote groups of services that are oriented for specific types of customer groups.